Friday 8 July 2011

Les Miserable, One day more, Youtube edition, me singing

I took the soundfile from Firsttenor76 who sang all the male parts.

I fear my part as all of the females (Cosette, Eponine and Mme Thenadier.) is not as good as could have been, firstly I don't think my recording equipments is nearly as good as Firstenors' and secondly.
I can't explain it, I really am a life singer and have lots of life preformance exsperience, but suddenly as I stood recording this I started shaking and my voice started failing me, I tried over and over, spend hours on this and was never happy, I dried myself out of energy, and then I just became stubborn.. I am not entirely happy with this, but I know it's the best of the lot, especially Cosettes part have been messed up again and again, I am after all, an natural alto and far from being any kind of soprano :/

I really liked singing Mme though, and what it came down to there wasn't as much as capturing the pitch as just making sure the rythm were precisely the same as Firsttenors.

I am not sure I even got in the right place with all the voices in the finale, because it was extremely hard to disinquite the other voices! probably because it's the same man, it was hard!




In other words, the day after tomorrow I am headed for Vietnam, and am going to stay there for a total of 17 days.
That journey is sure to be nothing short of spectacular!

So, well. Ciao!

I'll see you in around three weeks with lots of pictures in incredible tales to tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment